Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Am Inhabiting the Fog

These past two days have been so foggy I feel almost as if I'm inhabiting a different world. I'm in that Stephen King story about the fog...okay not really thankfully! Traveling is more, well, interesting when something like another car or a deer can appear in front of you at the last second. It's no wonder fog inspires writers to use it as a device to create suspense or to set a mysterious mood. The road is looking like this today:


And the view from my computer chair is also of a dim and whitewashed world:


This lane is looking like the passage to another realm:


Okay so perhaps my imagination is running away with me. Fog...a cloud on the ground...metaphor for confusion, befuddlement...sinister secrets.

Any favorite fog stories come to mind?

No comments: