Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I've Been Reprinted


Just got a small surprise in the mail! Apparently my poem was reprinted in Babybug's May/June 08 issue. I'm a little behind the times, I know. I did actually know about the possibility of this but I have to admit I forgot all about it for awhile. It would be nice to get an author's copy...but maybe it's in the mail. ??

This whole issue may be the same inside as the original issue in which the poem appeared. The cover sure is the same. But I know if your readership grows up it makes sense to recycle some of your best content. And hey, I'm flattered to be recycle worthy! (And I did get a reprint fee.)

This magazine was much loved by my kids and I when they were small. My copies are all dog-eared and chewed, a few pages stuck together likely by drool, but they lasted very well. It was such a nice surprise to get a new issue in the mail. And I started reading to them as infants so the short pieces inside worked perfectly for their attention spans. As a writer, this extensive reading of the magazine meant I did do my "homework" into what they liked to publish before I had a piece accepted by them. Actually, two pieces eventually. (Details on my website www.lizannflatt.com if you're interested)

All three of my kids now love to read, and for that I'm truly thankful. I can't help but think that maybe Babybug played a real role in that.

No comments: