Friday, April 16, 2010

My March Break Bugs

We're halfway through April and I'm talking about March Break? Yep.

During my March Break the ice was going out around here. You know how kids like to stomp on ice and break it? Yeah. Did that. We got a couple soakers, but we also got to see two different kinds of aquatic insects.

We actually saw a Giant Water Bug (or maybe two of them, but seeing as individuals looked pretty much the same to our untrained eyes that was up for debate) and two Caddisfly Larvae.

If you're interested, more info on the Giant Water Bug can be found here: http://www.eduwebs.org/bugs/giant_water_bug.htm
and Caddisfly Larva info is here: http://www.watersheds.org/nature/gallery2/pages/caddisfly.htm

I'm no professional nature videographer but here's our home movie for your entertainment.



Stopping to watch the little things, like a kid. That was the best part of the break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You, Ron

TerryLynnJohnson said...

It's so important to take time to enjoy the little things in life.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow, Ron. Much appreciated and hope I can entertain you here once in awhile.

Terry Lynn, we are on the same page with the importance of little things, although sometimes it's easy to lose sight of this, isn't it? :>