Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ducks on the Loose

What a day! I'm starting to feel like I'm in the middle of a Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom episode (loved that show as a kid!!) except the locale isn't nearly as exotic. The same day of the deer sighting (see previous post) I have a close encounter with ducks . . . of the mallard kind.

Not an unusual duck, but unusual circumstances. First the ducks decided to check out our backyard. They passed up a chance at the swings. Here's the female faintly visible to the left of the shovels:



Then they continued on to the side of the house. Here's the male:

And here they both are believe it or not. Can you see the female hidden in the middle on the far right? No wonder she can hide on a nest.


So there I was happily photographing these ducks when I decided to take moving footage because the ducks were on the move. I had no idea what they were up to. And I had no idea that our cat was out and about either...


Funny how moments like that just happen. (Okay, maybe only funny to me.)

No comments: