Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Great Muskoka Digout of December 09

Beginning with a storm from December 10 to the wee hours of the 12th, which looked something like this:


The weather resulted in scenes such as the front of my car looking like this:


That, of course, resulted in a massive dig out operation all over Muskoka. My little piece of the operation can be seen as this:


But the 80cm or so of snow that fell in 2 days left us with a postcard perfect view like this:


Just don't walk in the bush without snowshoes.

3 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Lizann, where about are you? We're in Bala. I will add your name to the
My Muskoka

blog roll!

Rebecca Gomez said...

So beautiful! Wow, that's a lot of snow. I'll show my hubby these pictures and he'll feel so much better about the 9 inches we got last week (or maybe not, since he has to deliver mail in it).

Unknown said...

Jenn, thanks! (And hello over there in Bala) I'm just east of Bracebridge.

Rebecca, I'm glad to make your hubby feel better. Nine inches is still a lot of snow. Hurray for the mail people who have to slog in it!