Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Random

Random occurances from my world in the last week:
  • a porcupine crossed my path (okay, the road...I was in my car, photo below)
  • the bittern is back! It makes the weirdest noise, kind of like a tap dripping. I'll try to record it.
  • we had snow, but it's melted thank gawd. The ferns still look fried though.
  • picked the first rhubarb of the season and made an upside down cake for dinner last night
  • ate boiled dandelion buds (with butter and salt) and survived. They were actually pretty good although I think I boiled them a bit too long.
  • booked my first Skype author visit for next week, eep! 
  • the other day as I was crossing a plaza parking lot a pickup truck drove past with what every household needs strapped to the box...a huge plastic moose! The things you see in Muskoka, I swear!
That's a porcupine, honest. I did a U-ey and pulled off on a handy sideroad. Phone photo so it's not stellar. If you're reading this on the web (i.e. not RSS) click on the photo to see a bigger version.

All right, now off to the serious business of writing and revising.

4 comments:

Peni R. Griffin said...

So was the porcupine chasing a chicken?

Sounds like a great week. (But - snow? In May? Yikes, from Texas.)

Unknown said...

LOL! I did wonder what the heck he/she was crossing the road for...if only I could write jokes. Yes, sadly, snow in May. But that's fairly normal for around here so I can't really complain, not that that ever stops me. :>

Rebecca Gomez said...

Maybe that sign should say "porcupine crossing."

Unknown said...

Right you are, Rebecca!