Friday, May 4, 2012

Bad, Boring Blogger?

I am a bad, boring blogger lately, aren't I? I mean, if I don't post it's just bad and boring by default. Better to post and be bad and boring while trying. Maybe?

My problem seems to be I constantly put other things before my writing or my blog. It's a sickness and I have to figure out how to cure myself of it. It's the *constantly* that's a problem, because there are legitimate times other things have to come first. But surely I could learn to put myself first sometimes, couldn't I? Here's me saying I'll try.

So to make this post not entirely whiney, yesterday I went to the local library and it's not everyday this greets you in your library parking lot:




Yes, the Canadian military is conducting exercises in the area and they were camped out at the community centre. But they were more than happy to answer peoples' questions. My kids and many other kids were able to peek inside the vehicles and find out more about what it's like to be in the military. Here's a brief article on the background for them being here: http://www.moosefm.com/cfbg/news/10067-military-on-local-training-maneuvers

So let that reinforce the lesson about libraries again--you never know what you'll learn at the library.

2 comments:

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I was thinking that maybe the library hired them to get back overdue library books...

Hey! I hear we're both going to be at the novel marathon this year... looking forward to saying hi!

Unknown said...

Cathy, that's hilarious!!

I didn't realize you were doing that marathon. I agree I'm looking forward to saying hi to you too. I'm nervous about the whole thing but looking forward to it at the same time. Thanks for stopping by here.