Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Two Down

Kingston kids were terrific! I'll post about all the week's visits after the Book Week tour when I'm not so tired.

Most Memorable Moments
  • Being asked what it was like knowing so many kids would be reading my book (Awesome question from a grade 1 kid!!)
  • Being gifted with a school pen (I love pens!)
  • Hearing a Lebanese woman on the train talk about how she was travelling for love
  • Hearing two different cabbies dis their two (different) cities as the worst in Ontario

Sights Seen from the Train
  • The endless rippled blue of Lake Ontario
  • An older model tractor abandoned in a fallow field (Why....?)
  • A pile of TP on the lumpy green floor of the train bathroom which, sadly, I could see from my seat until someone unstuck the door and closed it (!!)

2 comments:

Kelly H-Y said...

Love hearing what's happening on your tour! Too funny about the TP (yuk!)! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kelly. I really do want to say more about the kids and schools, libraries where Scot and I have been, but I am too tired and busy absorbing to do it justice. I don't want to forget any important details.

Just some fun tidbits in the meantime. :>