Sights Seen from a Train
- crumpled and lonely leaflet litter see-sawing in the breeze on a station platform
- the scraped and scarred land of a gravel pit adorned with a rectangular jewel of turquoise water
- fog shrouded barns and silos
- combed cornfields rolling off into the distance
- the two student greeters who made Scot and I feel so welcome at their school
- posters on the school door and library made especially for us about our book
- the respectful quiet clap of appreciation to welcome us
- the girl who proudly handed us her autograph and drawings
- seeing all the different writing projects from many grades proudly displayed all over school
Sight Seen from a Taxi: Fatty Patty's Restaurant (complete with tagline proclaiming it to be A Food Experience). In fact, it might actually bump the Hefty Hoagie from the other day out of the running as the name of a super setting for a small town drama novel.
The Book Week presentations are now finished. Hard to believe! I'm sad to be done although admittedly a bit worn out. More profound thoughts (maybe) and pictures later.